These blueberry muffins are gluten-free, low in fat and sugar and high in protein!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup Attiva Life Vanilla, Cinnamon and Manuka Honey protein powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray 9 cups of your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray), or use paper liners.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a glass mixing bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Create a well in the middle of the bowl.
- Add the greek yogurt, egg whites and vanilla into the bowl with the almond milk. Stir to combine.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill 9 wells of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool before removing from tin and serving. Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to one week. Eat cold or reheat in the toaster over before serving.
Original Recipe: eatingbirdfood.com/healthy-blueberry-muffins/